Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)
Vision statement: Every disabled person and people from vulnerable groups can claim their rights to self respect and dignity.
Community based rehabilitation (CBR) programs in semi-urban and rural areas in Karnataka. Covering 7 districts, and working with 16000 people in about 1800 villages.
- To improve functional abilities and avoid secondary deformities.
- To ensure every child and young adult with disability has access to main stream education.
- To support persons with disabilities and their family members to ensure economic well being and an improved quality of life.
- To increase level of community awareness about basic human rights and disability issues.
- To ensure inclusion and recognition of disabled people in mainstream community, private sector and government agencies.
- Health and Medical Rehabilitation
- Education Rehabilitation
- Economic Rehabilitation
- Social Rehabilitation